Welcome to Doctors Plus Medical Center’s new Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) initiative, a new way of coordinating your health care around your needs! PCMH is not a building, a house, or a hospital. It is a model of care designed to improve your experience of health care with an emphasis on preventative care and wellness.
Please allow Doctors Plus Medical Center to provide you the best care possible. To do so we recommend that you contact your insurance provider and choose a Doctors Plus Medical Center Provider as your Primary Care Provider (PCP). You may base your enrollment selection or your pattern of doctor visits. Our providers will be happy to be your PCP and work with you on your health care needs. To view our providers, please visit our website at www.doctorsplusmed.com If further assistance is required, feel free to call members of our patient care team at (954) 442 – 2828.
If you have already chosen your Doctors Plus Medical Center PCP, we invite you to continue working with our providers in this new model of care.
Your chosen provider will work with other health care providers to take care of you. As your care team, we will involve you in decisions about your health and health care, and thus be able to develop a stronger relationship with you.
If you are over 40 years of age or have a chronic condition for which you are being treated and have not seen one of our providers within the last year, please contact our offices and schedule an appointment so we may reconnect.
As a Patient-Centered Medical Home, we are committed to your life-long health and wellbeing. We believe that to achieve this goal there must be a partnership between the patient and your medical provider (physician or nurse practitioner).
We will work together to…
- Care for short term illnesses and manage long-term chronic diseases
- Achieve and maintain your health over your lifetime
- Be open and honest in providing your doctor with your health-related information
- Agree to keep scheduled appointments at our office as well as with any specialists
- Follow the medical care plan that is agreed upon at your office visit as best you can
- Participate in developing an action plan to self-manage a chronic condition (such as diabetes, asthma, etc.)
- Take steps to achieve a healthy lifestyle and get preventive services
- Agree to ask questions if you do not understand any portion of your health care
- Notify us if your insurance, prescription coverage or financial situation changes
- Collaborate with your PCP and his/her care team to maintain your patient information regarding medications, visits to specialists, medical history, health status, recent test results, self-care information, and data from recent hospitalizations, specialty care or ER visits.
Your Medical Provider will…
- Respect your privacy and keep the information confidential
- Offer appropriate medical advice and information based on current recommendations
- Engage in an open and honest discussion of all treatment options
- Seek opinions from high quality specialists, when needed, for your care
- Provide 24/7 access to your provider’s care team and your care information, through your patient portal, an after-hours phone service, and a secure messaging platform available through Doctors Plus Medical Center’s Website.
- Provide evidence-based care, patient/family education, and self-management support through monthly patient education seminars
- Provide information about how to receive care across multiple care settings – among specialists, hospitals, rehab centers, behavioral health providers, and other facilities
- Help you access your patient portal
- Help to keep your healthcare affordable
If you have any questions please call either our Pembroke Pines office at (954) 442 – 2828 or our Plantation office at (954) 714 – 8780. We look forward to walking with you on the path to a healthier you!
Your DOCTORS PLUS MEDICAL CENTER Provider and Care Team
Feel free to schedule an appointment during our regular or extended hours:
To speak with our providers outside of business hours, please call (954) 442 – 2828 or send a secured message through your patient portal.
Patient Education / Self Management Support
In partnership with The Patient Education Institute, Inc., Doctors Plus Medical Center provides patients/families/caregivers with support for self-management of their health and health care to accommodate the evidence-based care provided by their primary care providers and care team..
The below links for access to patient education materials and self management support resources. Please note that these documents are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a doctor or a healthcare professional or a recommendation for any particular treatment plan:
Whole Person CareDoctors Plus Medical Center proudly offers the following services:
- General primary care and family medicine services
- Health and wellness care planning
- Patient education for diabetes and chronic kidney disease
- Lab services
- Urine dip stick
- Immigration Physicals
- DOT Physical
- Pap smears
- Mental and behavioral health care coordination (see below for further detail)
For all other care services, Doctors Plus Medical Center will coordinate your care (in partnership with PremierMD ACO) to select only the best local healthcare providers and community partners to provide our patients with world-class care coordination and comprehensive, whole-person care across the entire spectrum of care. A list of our main preferred care partners, for whole person care needs, are published on our site at this link: http://www.doctorsplusmed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/High-Performance-Network-4-4-16.xlsx.pdf.
For non-mental health needs, please speak with your Doctors Plus Medical Center primary care provider to be connected to the local health care specialist that best meets your health needs. These professionals will likely be on the list of preferred care partners from the above link.
For mental health needs, please speak with your Doctors Plus Medical Center primary care provider to be connected to the local mental health care provider that best meets your health needs. For CarePlus patients, our main behavioral health partner is Beacon Health Options. For non-CarePlus patients, our main preferred care partners will likely be on the list of preferred care partners from the above link
Doctors Plus Medical Center strives to meet the financial needs of patients in order to provide equal access for all. For your healthcare cost needs, we offer access to the following services:
For insured patients:Doctors Plus Medical Center currently accepts most commercial insurances and Coventry Carelink (sold to qualifying members on https://www.healthcare.gov/). To help you evaluate your current insurance needs, feel free to contact Doctors Plus Medical Center’s care team to be directed to one of our partnering, trusted insurance liaisons.
For uninsured patients who would like insurance coverage:Regardless of your income level and socioeconomic circumstance, insurance coverage can be purchased at https://www.healthcare.gov/. To help you evaluate your future insurance needs, feel free to contact Doctors Plus Medical Center’s care team to be directed to one of our partnering, trusted insurance liaisons.
For uninsured patients who would like to remain as self-pay patients:Doctors Plus accepts self-pay patients. For these patients, we do recommend at least one financial counseling sessions with one of our partnering, trusted insurance liaisons to evaluate your insurance alternatives.
Doctors Plus Medical Center currently provides complimentary, additional care management services for patients who are at risk with respect to the following health conditions and health-related social factors:
- Poor A1C Control
Are you a patient who seeks greater medical attention in these areas?
Please contact the Doctors Plus Medical Center care team today and ask about enrollment into our complimentary care management program.